Google

Blog Statistics

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Darkness

My first real attempt at poetry.
The following is the story of my life.

Light shining nowhere to be found
In the darkside's where this soul is bound
Growing up being the shine to the room
Growing up in life soon to see doom
Consumed in my thoughts as I lay under the moon
Slowly realizing ups and down are surely presumed
Pre-adult stage my greatest positive influence taken away
Soon to realize that he lies high above his grave
In the glory of the Lord he walks eternily
While I'm on the ground shedding tears and mourning
Post-trauma, I'm led to the dark side
Leading to many days in an unsure ride
Consumed by the devil, sure in his grasp
A light at the end of the tunnel shows a tiny flash
Trying to aim towards it, all I see is regret
Reflecting on life wishing my dreams were met
All that are visible are lost opportunities
Just a young soldier bleeding from the scrutiny
My heart cries out yet believed was no answer
A blessing from family surely cleared my mind's cancer
Now in the steps of the Lord, with a gift from above
My mind speaks freely of the new path provided by this dove
The light seems bright because change creates wonders
The darkness in my soul was simply just a blunder

- Leland Yarbrough

No comments:

Post a Comment