Google

Blog Statistics

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Why I Love Blackberry.

A lot of my followers on Twitter are probably annoyed with how many #teamblackberry posts I've actually tweeted. Many of which being non-Blackberry users and Blackberry haters. Me being a Blackberry lover feels the need to clarify with everyone why I actually love my Blackberry and why I don't affiliate myself with any other phone manufacturer on the market.

Simply put, this phone does everything I need it to do and some, and it had done it first.

Reasoning:
In a phone I don't need all the flashy apps, media, etc. All I need is the core functions of a phone and connection to my social media, then everything's all good. This phone does well with threaded text messaging [but lacks previews, there's apps for that however], BBM is a must have for most Blackberry users [it helps users connect with other Blackberry users fast and efficiently, notice how many apps in the Droid-world and iPhone-world are producing such functionality as this that RIM has MASTARED], the Phone Quality is great [although battery life while using the phone could be improved], Camera and Video Camera are easy to use and viewing pictures is easy [although speed could be increased], and my favorite part: this phone is simply me [the use of countless themes that can change the UI into whatever you want it be and endless wallpapers help aid in making the phone feel like it's just for you].

My Backup:
iPhone iOS4 has came out not too long and they've only added functionality that Blackberry has had long ago. In fact I believe that Blackberry has more functionality than any iPhone and any Droid can offer. Back on the iOS4 subject, the biggest feature added by Apple is the Multi-Tasking which I have tried on my iPod Touch 3G. I must say I wasn't impressed at all, but like any new Operating System it takes time for application developers to catch up to make the best of the functionality. But still like I said before Blackberry has mastered this portion of the phone world, all we have to do is hold down the BB button then all of our running apps are right there already loaded and cached. Sounds amazing huh? This is the Blackberry I see by RIM. And in due time it will only get better.

Blackberry is still in development with OS6, which to me sounds like a simply UI uplifting to catch up with the 'snazziness' of all the newer model phones out there by the countless manufacturers. The productivity is already there and should be improved upon in the upcoming OS. Speed should be upgraded too, but with the older device models like my Storm 2, the 256mb of RAM just won't cut it. In the end though with the new OS6 I'm sure a lot of BB users will be happy and many not so happy due to old devices, but like they say, sometimes you just have to keep up with the Jones'. [I know my stuff, I have well over 1700 posts on Crackberry. Click for Proof.]

If you need more clarification as to why I still stick with #teamBlackberry then just hit me up in a comment to this blog and I'll express my answers as thoroughly as possible.

Much Respect,
- Leland Yarbrough [@LelandDuzIt]

No comments:

Post a Comment